Monday 7 March 2016

My first Stampin' Up Class

Last Saturday, unlike my normal weekend which was all about drinking coffee, internet and relaxation, was actually a busy day.

I won't detail it all here but it was basically waking up at 6:30, driving, groceries, playdate drop-off and pickup, an appointment, then driving again.  A long day.

However, the appointment that took place is the highlight of my day, because I went to my very first Stampin' Up class.

I've been wondering about Stampin' Up for quite some time and now that we've moved back to Australia, Stampin' Up products are so much easier to access.

I've researched on the website a few weeks ago before going to the class, and found that it's pretty much the same worldwide with the basics (products and prices), and signed up on Kate's class.  Her house is very close to mine and her card style is closer to mine too.

So I did go to the class, and couldn't be happier.  Kate is just nice to talk to, open-minded and welcoming.  We had 7 students, with 3 of already joined SU, plus Kate the demonstrator.  The atmosphere is lovely, everything is organized, there's nibbles and soft drinks, Kate's and Lisa's kids are playing but that doesn't bother us at all.

We made 3 cards within 2 hours- 1 mini calendar easel card, one sunburst card, and one happy birthday card.  They are obviously easy to make for me, but still lovely.


Kate sourced the mini calender elsewhere.  I think this is a fantastic little gift to send for Happy New Year card.

There are so many things you can change to your liking on this one.  Kate showed us another one she made with pierced edges.
I think I'll add some sentiments to this sunburst card to start with.  


I've made two cards like this with scalloped circle instead, inspired from Pinterest.  It's actually a fun and cute card to make with lots of variations you can find on the internet.

 These show the insides of the card.

I like all of them and think I can send them with a some personal touch ups.


Straight after class I asked how to sign up. Apparently I didn't have to go to any class to sign up, which is the part of the research I hadn't done!  But anyways, glad I did and met Kate and other ladies.  3 cards, lots of information and some catalogs to look at the beautiful products.  I don't mind the $169 startup package all given how much I've spent  in the past few years.  It was such a fun Saturday afternoon and I can't wait for the next one to come.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks