Monday 4 November 2013

3 CAS Christmas cards in slightly different layouts



Over last weekend I managed to make some more Christmas cards to cope with the fact that I simple do not have time to make them in mid-November.  Reality is, I'll be travelling to Kuala Lumpur, Dubai and Australia in November and December, plus at the beginning of January we'll be moving to Dubai!  And I haven't started any packing yet!  And I'm still not freaking out. That is remarkable.


So here are the three cards I made - as always I do not put too many elements on the card to maintain a simple visual balance, and they are actually simple to make.  I also put two of these cards in the challenges.  These are my first ever challenges!  Oh and it's simply a joy just to view so many other beautiful cards listed there.







Tools used: Cuttlebug and embossing folder, Spellbinder dies, and Martha Steward doily punch


Distressed Style
Tools used: no special tools required except Croc-A-Dile to punch the little holes. I did distress the panel a bit to make it look a bit vintage but not too much.

I also put this card in Sparkle Creations' Christmas Card Challenge! 



I put the card on a photo frame so it shows the washi tape lining on both sides. And as usual you can see the lacking of my photo-shooting skill.


And there's still more card to make...  BTW I just got my first order from my friend, who needs a birthday card for her sister-in-law, and it has to be finished today. And off I go to make more cards - hey ho!





4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This are fabulous! Wonderful designs! Don't forget to include a link to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog in your blog post.. we want you to be eligible for the random prize voucher drawing. ;) And thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Monica and Lisa so so much for clicking in and viewing the cards. Yes will definitely do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first challenges! These are awesome! So glad you are getting ahead on your holiday cards since you will be moving soon. Wow! Exciting times. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks