Saturday 14 September 2013

Baby Boy card - Welcome Little One

Marie-jose Jed is one of my good friends I met in Singapore. She's also the first Lebanese French I've known, and a very talented painter/artist indeed.  This mum is so multi-tasking that she does cooking, baking, teaching at college, organizing her own exhibition, and was pregnant for the past 8 months while looking after her three-year-old daughter at the same time.  Just two weeks ago she finally unloaded and had her second child, Peter, and so I made a baby boy card for the new arrival.

With this card you can use a Cuttlebug or similar embossing machine to do it, but you can also do without by using just patterned paper to create visual contrast.  With the baby pram I use Print and Cut with Silhouette Cameo to make it, and add sparkles and brads to it.  I don't do cute cards a lot but this is one of them.  Still it looks clean and layout-wise simple, which is what I like.



1. Make 5.5 inch square card from card stock
2. Emboss two panels, one white and one light blue, with different embossing folders. Adhere both to card.
3. Affix blue chevron washi tape onto a white strip, trim, and adhere to card. Adhere scalloped border to card. Adhere light yellow ribbon with double-sided tape.
4. Punch two circles and adhere. Use silhouette cameo to print and cut out pram, adhere with sparkle. Affix brads. Adhere pram onto circle piece.
5. Stamp Welcome Little One to strip. Trim and adhere with foam tape.
6. Adhere circle piece with foam tape.

It's a lot of gluing and measuring, but I'm happy with end result and to be honest this is still probably quite simple to some of fellow card-making artists!  


Close-up :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks