Thursday 16 July 2020

AWHT Creative Showcase July 2020 - Colouring Techniques


The Art With Heart Team are back with another Creative Showcase, this time featuring different colouring techniques. The Stampin’ Up! range contains a bevy of functional and effective colouring tools that include Water Painters, Sponge daubbers, The Blends, Watercolouring Pencils, to name a few. 

And today I am showcasing the Celebrating Sunflowers bundle with The Blends.

They are alcohol-based colouring markers which give this rich tone and do not streak as easily as water-colouring pens do. They are so easy to blend with other colours to create gradient effects, which also explains why they're one of the most commonly used type of colouring markers in the world.




#1 Let's Celebrate You - using the Sunflower Bundle. 


I love how easy it is to use the Blends, and with the help of the detailed image of the sunflower, I'm able to effortlessly use only the dark and light Daffodil Delight pens to finish the colouring.



I also use dark and light Shaded Bruce pens to colour the leaves in no time.  The only fiddly thing is the sentiment, which took me a while to get it straight.



#2 You are The Happy to my Day - using the Country Home stamp set



You won't need much technique at all, just colour the stamped image with The Blends, then fussy cut and adhere it up.  



As the Country Home is not a new stamp set, I add the bow of Bumblebree Gingham ribbons to give it a '2020' look.

To be totally honest, both cards are CASED from the catalogue with very slight variations, so anyone can make these!




The next Art With Heart Team Member to share their colouring technique with you is the 
very talented Caroline Manwaring!!



If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:


Thank you for viewing our Showcase tonight, we’ll be back next month with more inspiration for you.

6 comments:

  1. Kimberley I love both your cards, but especially your second card using the Country Home stamp set. How did you make that divine wallpaper that sits behind the urn - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kim, both gorgeous but I do love the country home card. There is something about it that gives such a warm country feel of the urn sitting on a table in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards Kim, both are lovely but the sunflowers is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Kimberly! I love your use of DSP and stamps, and your colouring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards Kimberly. The sunflower card is such a bright and happy card, and I love the addition of those wooden elements. I love the addition of the wood grain DSP on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Kimberly. i love your colouring with blends on both cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks