Thursday 26 April 2018

AWHT April 2018 Blog Hop - Retiring products!



Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring products from the last chance products list. There is lots of products to choose from with retiring stamp sets, inkpads and ink refills guaranteed to be available until 7 May (and all other products while supplies last). Contact anyone on the blog hop to place your last chance order today.

Of all the retiring products, my all-time favourite is without a doubt the Butterfly Basics, and the Watercolour Wings. It comes in stamps and coordinating dies, and can make the most impressive cards or projects you can ever imagine.

I have made a few cards and projects with these stamps and dies along the past two years.  But today I'm showing two more here - one card and one window box

#1  is a Birthday card. I saw something similar somewhere and decided it was a fun card size to CASE.  I must have done the size wrong because it was very long when completed.  :-P    It also gives a wedding feel too which is quite cool but still lovely.






I love heat embossing.  It makes everything looks more expensive and everyone think you do something technical.

#2 is actually a window box card using current window box die.  I thought about putting a dragonfly die but it just seems be too big. (seeing some of the Pinterest ones with dragonflies)   And also the dragonfly one is not retiring!  Ha ha!  

The box is easy to make, but I unintentionally added those square cutouts trying to make it look more delicate, which basically added another 30 minutes in between my coffee and snacks yesterday.  



 Look how pretty it is! Yes, I made it!  I die cut the butterfly after stamping, and made another layer with velum.




Oh yes, I forgot I spent another thirty minutes looking for a battery-powered tea light and couldn't find one.  So I had to grab an IKEA string light and chuck it inside the box. Hence the cord behind the box.  but it looks very nice too.  




Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, Rachel Woollard.  Rachel's work is always very balanced and detailed to perfection.  I love her card styles too and am sure you'll be inspired by her creative works.




You can also jump to any team member's blog from the list below:




11 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I'm with you, so sad seeing these stunning butterflies retire. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies will certainly be missed! Your card is lovely - the gold embossing is gorgeous! How sweet is your box? Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects. The butterflies willl be missed,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly I miss these butterflies too! I love your colour combo on the card, it's so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects, Kimberly. The neutral colours of your card are very elegant and the hexagon box is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you hadn't told me it was there, I wouldn't have noticed. Ha-ha! Thank you for taking that 30 minutes on your box. Although I wouldn't want anyone to go without their snack. I've had because of teeth problems, soak them in milk works, but, not as good! Thank you for this beautiful share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects Kimberley, I am so going to miss Butterfly Basics, it is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both projects but the lit up box certainly provides a real wow. Thanks for taking part in the retiring products blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your card Kimberly and that box - Oh My Goodness - just gorgeous! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, these are stunning! I especially love the mix of colours and elements on the long card. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Kimberley, your card is just stunning the black butterfly sets of your card beautifully and the tea light box is just gorgeous, I think the string light were worth it, it lights the box up perfectly.
    mon xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks