Thursday 28 June 2018

AWHT - June Blog Hop | CASing the 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue






Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects CASED (meaning: copy and steal everything)  from the annual catalogue. If you would like a copy of the 2018 - 2019 annual catalogue, contact any of the girls (preferably ME ha ha!) on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.

The Stampin' Up! catalogue is a great source for your paper-crafting inspirations.  It gives you plenty of ideas on colours, layouts, elements and more.  I love browsing my catalogue from time to time just to see what I can try next, and it often gets me going straight away.  And keep every year's catalogue in my stash because it's so much fun to go back and see the changes through out the years, and the classic methods that'll never fade with time.

So I am showing here two cards I made from p.82-83, and the third card from p.60 in the catty.  

The first bundle is called Little Twinkle and it came with a stamp set and a punch.  I love the soft and modern style presented on the page.  But as I don't always have all of the materials to make the exact same cards, I just change some elements. 









# card 1 - Congratulations

This one is so easy to CASE and the result is great.  I stamp the constellation image with Versa Mark then heat emboss the image. The sentiment is just a normal stamping in Night of Navy. Then I glue everything together, make a bow tie and put on the star embellishments. 




I may have adjusted the colour a bit too pink! 






# card 2 - Love you More than The Stars

It actually looks quite different from the blue card shown on the page.  I find the original one much smaller than I think so decide to change the way it looks. Nonetheless it is still not bad. I also punch out the moon and stars, add some shimmer with Wink of Stella pen, then give it a glossy finish before gluing them onto the card.



Shiny! 





#card 3  from "Coffee Cafe" bundle on p.60.  It doesn't veer too far off the inspiration itself in that it's laid out similarly.
I really like the Gray Granite ribbon and it goes well with pretty much everything to create a modern style! 





Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented and lovely Monika O'Neill! 






If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:


I hope you enjoy browsing through all our works and get some inspirations.  Happy card-making! 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely bunch of many cards. Thanks for taking part in the CASE the catalogue blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are all so lovely, but I think my favourite is the second one. The soft pink looks amazing with navy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your Little Twinkle cards, Kim, they are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I also constantly go back and re read the catty and see something new everytime! I love your twinkle cards, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Kim, I especially like the second one! The colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Kimberly, I like how you changed up the second one and I think this is the favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and I love these colours too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Kimberly. No. 2 is my favourite - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely cards, love your soft colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Kimberley your cards are gorgeous, I do love the 2nd card especially the colour of the sky it's beautiful and being a coffee lover I do love the colours you chose on your coffee card, really lovely projects Kimberley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. calendar 2019

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks