Sunday 16 October 2016

'Tis the Season - Christmas Card Using Christmas Pines Stamp and Die Set

A lot has going on recently.

Since I started working nearly four months ago, life has been in a fast forward phase.  I don't have much time left besides work.  I have to put Ashley in both before and after care centre at school; The amount of takeaway and frozen foods for dinner during a week has increased significantly; Extra money spent on lunch...etc.  We even have to hire a cleaner (the dust in the house is enough to get all of us asthma) fortnightly, and luckily she presses our work shirts!

And we are also looking to buy a new house too.  Our dinner conversation in the past month and a half has been circled around house hunting, auctions, speculations on prices, auctions, those sales agents and their 'cunning plans' to squeeze more money out of us, and so on.  It's getting a little crazy now.

So that's basically how it is.  I hope we find a house soon to at least end one episode of craziness.

Back to the crafting table. Last month, I finished a few cards using the Happy Ornament stamp.  I basically only finished the subject but not the blog.  That's okay though.

And about two weeks ago I made a card using Stampin' Up's Christmas Pines stamp and die set, as well as acetate sheet and other elements.  The result was good.



The Christmas Pines Stamp and Die Set is very versatile and easy to match with any Christmas colour scheme.  You can change the pine twigs to blue and white, and make the cones in silver and it'll still look great.  I use gold foil sheet for the cut out cones.


For the sentiment I use Real Red ink pad.  The red bow is of the same colour.  That's the beauty of Stampin' Up products because everything coordinates, and you don't need the headache trying to find the same red for different components.

I use some sugar dots to make the card stand out, but you can use any sequins or cut out stars to achieve similar effects.


Here are the Stampin' Up products I use for this project :





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks