Sunday 28 August 2016

Santa's Sleigh - Merry Christmas!

I know it sounds crazy to those who lives a normal life that some people have started making Christmas cards.  But to those in the paper-crafting world, September is the month whereas if you haven't started yet, you're too late!


So two weeks ago, like everyone else, I have taken the chance to place my Christmas pre-order from Stampin' Up.  Although I am super busy with work, I haven't forgotten about Christmas yet!

The order came pretty quickly within 3 days.  And I have been playing with some of the stamps and dies and came up with some ideas since 10 days ago.  But today I finally put together one card to update my blog with.  


I know that Pinterest is what everyone seeks inspirations these days.  But sometimes I just want to make something that's purely out of my own creative flow.  This is not a unique sketch by any means, but it's what I put together myself.



It actually takes me a lot of time getting the gifts and bows right, from stamping, colouring, die-cutting to arranging them. I did check out the catalogue to see how the stamp set is utilised.  I thought about using die-cutting the thick gold foil paper from Stampin' Up, but thought it would steal the main focus/the gifts so I didn't do it.


The finished card size is 5" 1/4 by 5" 1/4.  I used some Gold Glitz Dazzling Details on the blue stars to make it look more striking. Looks like it works.  

The "Santa's Sleigh" stamp + die bundle, Gold Glitz Dazzling Details, and "Pine Bough" embossing folder are available in the upcoming Holiday Catalogue (Sep 2016 - 3 January 2017).  The rest of the materials, including paper, embossing powder and markers are readily available on the website. Click on below links to find out more. 


I use the following Stampin' Up materials for this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks