Thursday 22 May 2014

My Simple Botanical Tea Mini Album

Last week had been both a pretty good and bad week.  But I'm just going to highlight the good ones here.

Last Tuesday friends and I gathered together at Eliza's apartment for a lovely brunch, and we had such a great time catching up.  Besides eating yummy home food and chatting, everyone's got something for someone.    My appleTV box that Joanne bought for me via Groupon, and my Cinch (woot!) that Eliza's husband got for me whilst he was in USA, the stamp I borrowed a while ago to return to Ally, the fun Korean label maker thing Joanne got for everyone (cept me cos I got one already) which was ordered and delivered all the way from Taiwan, my stamping tools and ink pads Joanne has to return to me and so on.  It was such a joyous occasion which pretty much pushed away all the bad driving test results that caused my depression in May.

So for the rest of the week, I decided to stick with the happy thoughts and continue with my mini album challenge with Graphic 45, and finished it yesterday.  I want to give this to Eliza as a token for bring me back the WRMK Cinch binder all the way from USA.  I hope she likes it.


This is my third mini album, and I must admit it's not as professional as some of the others made with G45 paper.  But as a novice crafter I'm happy with the result.


When I first started it I just took an inspiration from Pinterest showing how to make a simple mini album without binding rings (the Cinch was not here yet!)  Also I didn't want to make a lot of layers or embellishments which might make the album look too bulky.  Therefore, there's mostly distressing and stamping and not so much pockets or labels.  But still the velcro tab still doesn't close completely. I'm a little bit worry when the photos are added would it still close properly.  We'll see.

front cover




front and back cover



Inside pages







The Graphic 45 papers are so beautiful and well designed. Had a great time working with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks