Sunday 6 August 2017

Climbing Orchid - Enjoy Today!


I've finally got time to sit down and play with stamps today.  With my job I have to work on Saturdays too, and therefore, Sunday is the only day when I can really sit down and do some real business- crafting!

And when I finished this card it just made me wonder why it took me 3 weeks to open the bundle.



Yes, it is the beautiful Climbing Orchid Bundle.  It was fairly easy to assemble and the result was amazing.  So strikingly beautiful when the card was finished that nothing else much needs to be added.

To make the card, I choose the most simple colours combination and paper to achieve an oriental look -  the 2017-2019 In Colours, the Designer Series Paper,  and some scraps.  Simple as that.

This time I don't look at any Pinterest for inspiration, as sometimes that can interfere with my imagination.

I match a piece of the Naturally Eclectic DSP with the watercolour + brushing effect to go with the orchids, plus a small piece of the Berry Burst scrap, another Lemon Lime paper and Crumb cake card base.

With the colour combo, I first plan a Lemon Lime Twist + Burst Berry (both from the current In Colours)  + Crumb Cake combo.  Then I add a Crushed Curry ribbon to see if it adds richness to colour and texture.  I think it does visually.  I didn't place it artistically enough though so it looks a bit slouchy on the card.








It's still a lovely card. and I'm pleasantly surprised by the Lemon Lime Twist.  (First impression was BAH!  But then it grew on me, slowly...)

I use the following items to complete my project:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks