Sunday 8 January 2017

Happy 40th Anniversary!

Last Sunday was a beautiful day. Not only did I still have a week to go before going back to work, but it was my cousin-in-law Carole's 40th wedding anniversary with her husband Peter.

 Carole and Peter have always been known over the years for their ability to make friends with people from all over the world, their excessive travels, great home cooked foods, and their generosity and humour. When my Peter and I were in Singapore Carole and Peter were living their expat lives there too and so we spent great time together through numerous lunches and dinners. We ate so many chili crabs that all our cholesterol levels hit all time high.

 So I thought I must make a nice card when we were invited to Carole and her husband Peter's home up in Kalorama for the 40th anniversary celebration of their 40th wedding anniversary. The Floral Boutique DSP and the Floral Phrases stamp set were the first thing that came in mind when I was thinking the style to make anniversary cards. And with the DSP it just came naturally easy.




It is rather easy to make with the simple lay out.  And I think I finished it within 40 minutes including searching for inspiration on Pinterest.


I also use numbers stamps and dies to create the numbers.  This card has a mono tone kind of feel, but it's still soft and feminine thanks to the detailed designs of the floral stamps.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks