Wednesday 8 June 2016

Happy Birthday from a Little Foxy Friend

So I have FINALLY received my first order since the new release of 2016/2017 catalogue.  This was 3 days later than my friends' orders.  It feels like your kettle is boiling but it just won't flick the switch!  These days ya just can't trust Aust. Post.

Alright, back to the craft table.  Since I got this hot and fresh stamp set and punch, I've gotta play with it to my heart's content.  Although I checked Pinterest, where many inspirations were uploaded already, I just have to make one that's totally out of my own.

Having said that, I did stumble upon a video from Stampin' Up right as I sat down at my craft table.  It is called "My Favourite Things" by Shelli and Sara (Being a new demonstrator I don't know who's who really)  One of the cards gave me an inspiration for the sketch of the card.  So I quickly adopt it and come up with my own version  and style.  (Bah I don't really have a style.  I'm a copy cat.)

So this one is named "Happy Birthday from a Little Foxy Friend".  Total off-the-chart cuteness .



The In colours are also play an important role to make the card vibrant and lively.  I use Emerald Envy (2016/18 In colour) for the tree, and Calypso Coral for the fox.



   
The wood grain patterned paper is from the a Little Foxy DSP paper pad.   As one opens the card he/she will see the other side of the paper, as below.  This adds more fun to the card too.





Besides the obvious colours and shapes, I also use a spring to pop up the fox, as below.



There are so many ways of using this stamp set.  You can make a cat, a raccoon, a deer or more depending on your imagination, and I just opt for the easiest one.  I'm sure you can make something more fun and cute than mine.

I made this card using the following Stampin' Up supplies






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks