Monday 30 May 2016

Hello Love - Greeting Card Using Nice Cuppa Stamp set

So for the past week or two I have been working on many ways of utilising the stamp set: Nice Cuppa.

Reason behind it is that one of my good friend, Renee Tan, an avid crafter who is based in Singapore, got this stamp and die set from me a little while ago.  Little did we both know that this set was going to retire.  It is such a great stamp set that I feel it's a shame to retire it.  It hasn't been around in the SU catalogue for long either.

Needless to say, Renee was a bit frustrated when I told her the stamp set was going to retire.  She likes new stuff lol.   However, Stampin' Up has been known for standing at the tip of the trend with the products, and I am sure this set will still look great in 3 years of time.  I have hence come up with two sketches with this stamp and die set.

#1, There's Always Time for Tea (and Spending Time with You)

I got the inspiration from a very creative crafting duo Bruno Bertucci and Kylie .  Bruno made his card so soft and beautiful, and I just can't help CASEing it.  I came up with a quite similar creation as below



The differences, besides the teabag tag and the "and Spending Time with You" sentiment, is missing of ribbon (I use washi tape instead) and that I torn and distressed the card.



I also made another card, which was purely of my own design, as below.



Besides the Nice Cuppa stamp set, I also use Lots of Labels framelits for the backing, and other materials from Stampin' Up.  I am quite happy now with all these cards and projects that are all SU supplies and I'm satisfied with.  



This project makes me realise the importance of using the same stamp set on different projects.  Every time I end up with different results, and I feel that the money is really well spent on the stamp set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks