Wednesday 15 January 2014

Greeting cards made with only one 6" by 6" paper pad!

As the past few weeks being the busiest time of 2013, and the following relocating move to Dubai in early 2014 wasn't any easier.  Straight after Christmas in Oz, I had to put paper-crafting aside for two whole weeks and focused on the whole moving thing. But good news is, after all the chaos I've finally checked into a hotel on Orchard road last week and finally managed to produce some projects.


Because straight after the hotel stay(Peter has to fly to USA for meetings from Singapore and I'd rather wait for him and fly together to Dubai, rather than I go to Dubai first and wait for him there) I have to pack the luggage and fly to Dubai, I really don't have much space for my crafty stuff.  But the end result is still good.  This is all I have, and I'd recommend for anyone going on a trip to take these with you:

1. Scissors and glue (I got liquid glue, double-sided and foam tape)
2. One or two stamp sets and one or two 6 by 6 inch paper pads,
3. small Punches and maybe distressing tools
4. Embelishments such as several buttons, pearls and ribbons.

It is best to decide on the theme or style of the project you want to make first, and then pick the tools/materials that surround the theme of your choice.  Also don't stop if you don't have the tool you need.  For example, I didn't bring any distressing tool with me, which was a mistake. Luckily someone told me I could use the nail file provided by the hotel to do some distressing around, which I did for the card later on. It's such a great tip and it totally works!

First card

Second card


Third card


Fourth card (distressed with a nail file)



I didn't take a photo of my completed mini album because I was in a hurry to give it to a friend for her birthday.  Here are some basic pages but they're a bit plain before applying the ribbons and tags etc. They are also from a different 6 by 6 inch paper pad:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks