Sunday 13 October 2013

Blue Christmas Card

For a while I didn't think I could do anything with this Kaisercraft stamp since I bought it at a local sc shop.  I have wondered and tested with this stamp in different projects and just couldn't come up with a satisfying result.  (See pic. From left Kaisercraft, Hero Arts(?), Inky Antics mounted stamp)



But this morning I finally made up my mind to stick it through and test-made a Christmas card, and it turned out pretty nicely.  I wouldn't say it's great but at least I know what to do with this stamp in the future.


1. Make card base
2. Cut blue panel from card stock, stamp background and central image with Kaisercraft and Inky Antics stamp. Adhere with a slightly bigger red panel.
3. Stamp poinsettia on scrap paper and cut around. Punch whole and brad it. Tie bow with baker's twine around panel and through cut out.


For the sentiments I used StazOn Blazing Red and Teal Blue. For the poinsettia StazOn Blazing Red and Versacolor 20 Turquoise. I love using StazOn for sentiments than say water-based ink pads because it's solvent you don't see the ink seep through paper and cause smudge much.  It's also great for stamps with fine details.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks