Saturday 12 October 2013

Heat-embossing Happy Birthday Card

In general, I'm quite a happy woman - I have a really cool husband who is a big supporter of whatever I do, a 3.5 year old daughter who throws her tantrum like - never, and a whole bunch of good friends who are funny, interesting, and share their lives with you sometimes in a silly way just as you do with them.  And I sleep well, eat well, and have little things to worry about. As a result, I don't have migraine very often. Maybe once a month?  

But yesterday I had one that lingers in my head, on and off for a whole day.  Perhaps that explains why out of the blue I made a card using these colours.  But they turn out great!  :-D




To shift my thoughts away from too much youtube, which I think is why I had migraine, I 

1. Made card base
2. Picked a blue patterned paper and red embossing powder and heat-embossed it.  
3. stick it to the card. Adhere ribbon
4. Affix pearls to Happy Birthday die cut and adhere the piece to card.


Tools used
1. Zing! Embossing powder - Rouge
2. Spellbinder - Nestabilities Labels 4
3. Cuttlebug (to emboss) 
4. Staz On Solvent Ink Pad -Blazing Red
5. Martha Stewart Butterflies Stamp Set



And the result is a really cool combination of red and blue, and the red embossed butterflies really pop!  It also proves that it's really not my fault to burn the paper the other day when trying to emboss a panel at Nathalie's place. Hint: Someone should probably consider changing her 10-year-old heat gun. Hehehe.




 

Just look how beautiful the emboss is!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks