Thursday 21 September 2017

AWHT September Blog Hop - Fancy Folds




Welcome to another Art with Heart Team blog hop where we are focusing on fancy folds. You will find loads of creative inspiration tonight, showcasing different folding techniques and projects. Don't be afraid of trying some Fancy Fold cards; they may look intimidating, but in fact, they are not that difficult to create.

That's seriously true in my case.  


First I looked at all sketches on Pinterest to find the easiest one to make.  Gate fold? Too complicated.  Bridge card?  No.  Easel card? Too much.  Card in a box? That's probably not really a folded card. And also too hard.  I need something using less paper, less lines, and less cuts.  Yep found it.  It's this one.  The swing card.
I found this sketch from Splitcoaststampers, which is simple enough for me to follow and not fail.   And here's my work(finally).




Fully closed -




Viola! 



And fully open!  




( By the way I think my logo is too big.  )

From another angle - 



And this is the back side. I still haven't figured out where to write the greetings.  








Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, 

Catherine Proctor.  Catherine's works are all about details and quality, and you do not want to miss out! 

     

7 comments:

  1. Kim, I'm not sure you actually created an easy card, it looks rather complicated, but hey, that's what fancy folds are all about, right?!! I love your colours you've chosen, especially the Year of Cheer SDSP inside. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, I love your card, the colours are gorgeous and your sentiment is not to big, simply stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, your card is gorgeous! I think is is just stunning, the swing card really sets off the bold greeting! We will all be doing our cards like this now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, I love those colours together

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I have to agree with Kate, you sure picked a tricky card. It's gorgeous though!
    PS, the bridge fold cards are super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card Kimberley! Well done, but I also agree with a couple of the other girls - it looks complicated lol, but great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and I love the rich dark green.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks