Friday 21 March 2014

Card in a Box - French feminine and Shabby Chic

So on Facebook's Card-Making group I see lots of people posting their card-in-a-box pictures with various themes and styles, and I thought 'well it looks fun, but too much work!'  so it never occurred to me to spend time on it.

But as the days gone by and people are still uploading their projects.  My defenseless brain waves started sending messages telling me to work on it, so I searched on Youtube and found many nice videos showing how to make it.  And this is one of them, with subtitles on the specifications of the card size and scoring measurements.

Serenestamper   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7XHN5WG2hOQ



(It breaks my webpage a little bit but at least people can see it better.)



But since my Silhouette Cameo has spoilt me so much and done many cuttings from very intricate doily designs to simple squares, a handmade box is nearly impossible to make by hand.  So I searched 'Card in a Box' on Silhouette and found many with the basic box card design plus different themes. I picked a random one and started cutting the box and assembling it.  Then I used the good old Kaisercraft "Bonjour" 6.5*6.5 paper pad, hand-cutting out some elements and started assembling them. I also got the same Kaisercraft "Bonjour" stamps and used them with some distressing.

Other elements (the harp, the front and side panels) are from this patterened paper: FABSCRAPS-Marie Antoinette Collection.




Here it is, the final product. Not too bad an attempt. :-)

Some elements are actually coated. Also see below for the fold-up look.





The sentiment Aimer La Vie is stamped and distressed.


That's all. Basically selecting style and appropriate elements takes the majority of time. But other than that the box itself is fairly easy to make. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks