Sunday 20 October 2013

Stamping and Embossing: Simple Christmas card.

About stamps.

Although I am not a 10-year veteran stamper, it's safe say that most stampers can't feel much difference amongst stamps made of different materials - whether rubber, wood-mounted or clear.  I have pretty bad wooden ones as well as 'cling' stamps which do not cling to the grid block at all. And some say clear stamps can be tricky and hard to line, but stored properly they're still great and easy to use.  And even for larger stamps it still requires good skills to get a perfect image.  So to me the there's no best brand or type.  More importantly it's the ink pads you choose to achieve different effects, and the tips to stamp a perfect image that really matter.


For this card I use three of the most commonly used card-making techniques - stamping, embossing and die-cutting. For stamping this card I use Studio g stamps, one mounted, one not.  Studio ghas lots of inexpensive clear and mounted stamps, and in terms of quality, I can't feel any difference from other popular brands such as Hero Arts or KaiserCraft.  However I did make a mistake, which is that I chose a textured card stock to make the base. It caused the stamp not able to adhere ink onto the surface and therefore you can see some dents in the image.




Materials used:

Embossing and cutting - Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Nestibilities Dies
Stamping - (for the tree and sentiment) Studio g clear and mounted stamps
Cardstock - AC

Layout-wise, this is probably one of the most easy cards I made. And it's cute too. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks