Wednesday 11 May 2016

Wedding Card made with Gold Soiree DSP Stampin' Up

As usual, this is the post I should have posted last week.  For some reasons I always procrastinate until it's really late and I've already made three other cards waiting to be photographed and added watermark.  Story of my life.

Anyway.  I bought Gold Soiree designer series papers back in March (it is retiring and won't be on sale starting June 2016)  and at first had a little bit trouble using them.  They are thinner, softer, and smoother than the usual DSP, which I'm guessing it's because of the gold accents on them.  Therefore they are not ideal for sturdy 3D projects.  I tried using them for library pockets but couldn't finish them.  However, these are perfect for card-making, and they create a luxurious effects on the cards.


I love the gold / black contrast and it looks really cool.  The polka dots add some fun so the black doesn't look so serious.  I also use heat embossing to make the sentiment stand out.



I used the Lots of Labels Framlets to cut two same-sized labels, one white and one black with white polka dots (from Pretty Petals DSP.  See the product link below) .  Then I cut the black one in half, and adhered to the back to extend the white label.

I was stuck a little bit as to the sketch, as at first I didn't know what to put on the long strip.  Then I thought about a butterfly die from Butterflies Thinlets.


I use these Stampin' Up supplies:

    
    
    
    



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks