Sunday 22 May 2016

Boy's Birthday card with Dinosaur - No Bones about It and Botanical Builder

Last Saturday I had to take Ashley to a classmate's birthday party.  (Peter usually shuns away from these kind of things but I am happy for him to mow the lawn instead)  Usually I am not good with boy's birthday cards - I have only one girl so most all my creations are themed with pink flowers and glitters.  However, ever since I knew that Ashley's class has more boys than girls, I've known that this is coming and bought a few boys stamp sets.

So with the help of this really cool Dinosaur stamp set (called "No Bones about It) I could easily make dozens of boy-style cards without too much effort. And the best thing is, I don't have to spend hours on Amazon trying to find matching papers - they're all in the Stampin' Up shop.  And they match perfectly, which potentially saves me time and money.  


And here is one of the creations (the others have been given away)


Besiede the stamp set, I also use the Botanical Builder to diecut some leaves.  They fill up the space above the dinosaur nicely.

It's a very cute card indeed.


There are tons of Pinterest inspirations of this stamp set and the Botanical Builder die set (I made a card with it. see my previous post).  The patterned paper is called Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper and it is retiring by end of May.  But both the No Bones about It and Botanical Builder are still current in the 2016/2017 catalogue.  I also use the lates 2016/2018 In color Peekaboo Peach card stock for the card base, which is going on sale starting June 1st, 2016.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks