Saturday 3 May 2014

Doily Card with Butterflies - Thank You

Several weeks ago I ordered some Cheery Lynn dies (which I've been drooling on for quite a while) from its official website.   And I must say for an international order they did an amazing job - my parcel was received within less than 10 days - faster than Amazon.com which usually takes about 14-25 days!

Besides the speedy delivery, I'm also quite happy with the quality. After a few adjustments I found out that it needs just one more piece of card stock paper with the cutting plates, the die can cut perfectly with Cuttlebug.  Here's the thing, different brands of dies have different ridge depth, therefore you'll have try out different thickness of sandwich boards/plates before finding a perfect one.  In the case of Cheery Lynn with 'my' Cuttlebug, just add one piece of paper to the A plate, two B plates and one C plate and it'll do the job nicely.

PS: Even with the same machine sometimes people have different results. So always test and see first.

So here it is, my result of the cheery Lynn doily on a Thank You card.  I also use Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch for the big butterfly, as well as my Silhouette Cameo for the smaller butterfly. (I have only one butterfly punch. Note to self: need to get some more. )

I hand draw the line on the Thank You label but it's not perfect. Always tell yourself : if it's perfect it's not handmade LOL



The colour of the doily in this picture is closer to reality, which is similar to the one of white coffee.
  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks