Monday 28 April 2014

CAS-style Happy Birthday card - with Avery Elle Laurels Stamp Set

In the world of the flower-loving scrapbooking and cardmaking, I'm probably the odd one who doesn't like using flowers as embellishments - especially the frilly ones with glitters on them.  The less, the better.  Too many petals, too busy.  All in all not a fan of flowers in my projects.

But a while ago I've been seeing lots of fantastic CAS cards with the prettiest leaves and simple flower shapes and I hesitated.   And I got this stamp set from my great friend Renee - 



This brand is know for its quality stamps, and they have matching dies to offer as well.  Unfortunately I didn't get any dies so I have to hand-cut the shapes.  But nothing is too much of a hassle for card-making, and after 1 hour of inspiration seeking, stamping and cutting, I made this card.


I chose not to stack up the stamp colours as its original purposes, and just add liquid pearls on the flowers.  They look modern and simple.  Also love the vibrant colours it brings out. Highly recommended! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks