Saturday 14 September 2013

Wedding card - Congratulations!

A week ago I was asked by my niece to make a card for her teacher, who is getting married next week. And since my niece is Taiwan, she then asks her brother, my nephew, who's visiting this weekend to get it back to her.

I love making cards for people I care. But do you have similar situations whereas you're asked to make free cards for people to give to their own friends?  How do you feel and how do you respond to this sort of requests?   I'm curious.  For me I'd like to know that at least this person appreciates the card and the time & effort taken to make it.  A warm message saying Thank You or a coffee would be nice in my thinking.

Most of our fellow card makers and scrap-booking artists understand that making cards and crafts can be quite personal and they don't want to do it for a friend of a friend of a friend at all. I understand completely. Anyways, I hope my friends and relatives don't make it into a habit of asking me to make cards for them for free.  Otherwise I'll be happy to make them for money!





With this card I use Silhouette Cameo to sketch and draw the flowers and then colour with distress ink.  Then I use glitter pens to accent flower pedals with some shimmer. (which is not visible through photo)  I use Perfect Pearls to brush Congratulations then affix it to the card.
Overall it looks a bit old-school so it's not my kind of style.  But it gives me a chance to use the sketch pens and perfect pearls I bought so it's pretty cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks