Wednesday 22 April 2009

April 22nd is Earth Day - 4月22日是世界地球日

One of my new mission statement: If you are not using it, turn it off.




Recently, I've realized I'm lucky enough to live the way I live, but I haven't been able to appreciate as much as I should. I leave the air conditions on even when I'm outside in the city for 4 hours. I leave the lights on in my room, and head out to the grocery store and restaurants. My computer is on all night. I don't unplug the recharger when it's done recharging. The TV is always on, even when I'm with my laptop.

So this morning, after reading the news that today is the Earth Day, I turned off everything in my hotel room(except the fridge): mobile phone battery recharger, TV, air conditioners, lights. I don't know if going to the gym and exercise in stead of staying in the hotel room playing World of Warcraft will help, but that's what I'm gonna do anyway. Do correct me though, if it doesn't help saving more energy.

More over, when we move into our house, I'm planning to do this for one day in every month, and this is one of my new mission statements.

=)

Time to shut down this laptop too.

1 comment:

  1. hi kim
    nice to know you

    regards
    http://indonesiathisday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your say about my post. Leave a message! Thanks